a couple of days ago, we told you through our networks we would have an exclusive interview with Gunz for Hire, the Raw duo best known by fans worldwide. Well, we had an exclusive interview with them where also send questions that fans made our facebook wall so you were answered by gangsters.
For those who are new and are just getting to know this great duo, we commented that consists of Ran-D; who visited our country in Q-dance stage Mysteryland 2013 and also Adaro; whom we saw and met in October 2014 in The Sound Of Q-Dance.
Without further ado, we leave you with the interview.
Gangster Hello, thank you for allowing this interview and let us out of it alive. We feel lucky to be away from you at this time and not be beaten as a reporter at one of its hahaha videos.
- In this interview we want to know the early gangsters. How they were born and what was your inspiration for the name?
- By the way, it has always been an inspiration Enigma masks and clothing Gunz for Hire. How did the idea come about?
G4H: Alrededor del 2011 nosotros comenzamos con la idea de crear un hardstyle live act. Fue un proceso paso a paso que involucró una gran cantidad de reuniones para la lluvia de ideas empezando con el tipo de nombre que nosotros buscábamos, que imagen estábamos buscando, y desarrollarlo paso a paso. Nosotros no queríamos un acto (show) con nuestras propias caras porque debía ser algo separado de nuestras carreras solistas como Ran-D y Adaro. En ese punto nos preguntamos a nosotros mismos si lo que queríamos hacer era con máscaras o no. Nos basamos en lo que nos gustó, que eran la mafia y el tipo hitman futurista de las películas, y Gunz For Hire es sinónimo de asesino a sueldo y así es cómo se desarrolló.
- What was the first concert / show of gangsters? And what has been the best show so far?
G4H: Our first gig was at Decibel Outdoor Festival 2011 in a tight Loudness area. Since we started making noise we had a lot of great concerts, some highlights are Qlimax, Hard Bass, Defqon.1 Festival and recently our tour in Germany. But parallel to these mega-events we liked destroy the club with our sound!
- About the concerts, you created the Qlimax Anthem 2013. How was that experience?
G4H: Qlimax is like the Holy Grail of hardstyle events, so it is a great honor to be asked us the Anthem! It was a great experience and now after a little over a year all still shouting "Immortal" when we played the song.
- You are currently on tour #GangsterParadise. How was the reception of people in relation to G4H return to the stage?
G4H: This tour is only for foreign countries, we will not play in our native country, the Netherlands, for the moment. Public reaction has been great, we were forced to turn away for a while but in Scotland we made our return and after that we had some great concerts in Korea, Canada and Germany.
- Long ago did a survey which said that voting for your country to see if they could do the tour Gangster Paradise. Chile was the country most voted outpacing the Netherlands, Germany, Australia and others. Are you planning an event in our country? Did you know that Chile is prepared to Gunz for Hire think?
G4H: Both events have been in Chile as dj solo, so we know exactly how massive the scene there. We are both agreed that Chile has one of the strongest government in the world! We know for certain that Chile is prepared to Gunz for Hire! We'd love to come back!
Shows / career
- We saw that will be part of a new label, Congratulations on it! What can you tell us about this great news? Will an independent label?
G4H: Thank you! It will be an independent label Ran-D, Adaro and 2 other recognized names in the scene. We can not give much information yet, but will be launched in a big way at some point in the coming months.
- There are a lot of tracks that have not yet been released as "A Storm is coming," the bootleg Muse "Uprising" and "Military". Will they be available at some point?
G4H: Some will be launched, some will not be released and others will be released free. For example, "A Storm is Coming" will be released on the new label.
- A close to the last track we could hear, "May God be with you all", there is no doubt that G4H is more alive than ever. What are your plans and goals for this year? Will there be an album of gangsters?
G4H: An album is not in our plans, but we've got big plans for this year! Dutch begin a new tour this fall. It will be our big return to our homeland. There will be some new features in our liveact and we started working on the new material. They can expect a lot of new music from us!
- Beyond the word Raw, How would you define the sound of Gunz for Hire? What makes them unique?
G4H: Although we also have some more "deep" tracks, the main objective for us is to create chaos on the dance floor when we play. So it is important for the tracks have a high party factor on them. We are Raw, but we also try to keep it fresh!
- Behind the aggression on stage, what they love to do in their shows? What differentiates them from others?
It is not appropriate to say these things for ourselves, but what we hear from others is that we create a unique atmosphere on stage. The combination of what you see (masks, costumes and energy) and what you hear (our definition of hardstyle Raw), makes us unique.
About the scene and Chile
- Every day we see more and more fans around the world closer to Rawstyle. Why do you think this happens?
G4H: In the Netherlands this has been going on for a couple of years ago. Holland is the homeland of Hardstyle and other countries watch and listen happens there, so now you can in other countries as Rawstyle is spreading. It is probably the rough feeling that attracts people, which I think has the best party atmosphere.
- Suppose there is an event in Chile and you have to create the Anthem of the event. What would you name to Anthem? Any ideas?
G4H: That's a difficult question will depend on the name and type of event.
- Feel free at this time to send a message to your fans in Chile.
G4H: They have one of the most dedicated public hardstyle, You guys are crazy on the dance floor! We can not wait for a mission in your country! We have great support from you, We thank you greatly for it! We hope that in the near future we can have a great party together, 'the Gunz are ready !!!
Many gangsters thank you for this interview. Our best wishes and success for the race Gunz for Hire. We look for a new attack by gangsters and hope to see them one day in our country.
Special thanks to his manager: Rudy Peters
Author Marco Hammer
CEO, Founder & Graphic designer who has been working on the hard dance scene since the 2007 till now.